Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Training Log: Entry 29


After way too long of a break, I'm back at hitting the heavy bag.


Can only hang for 4 rounds (1 five minute bareknuckle, 3 five minute with nhb gloves).  Am doing HIIT bike cardio for 8 minutes immediately after bagwork.  Hoping to get my cardio back up after the break from popping my shoulder.


Note: Need to recondition my shins.  Tried kicking the bag.  It hurt.  Will be going light until they are used to impact again.  Will begin retraining my kickgame as soon as my bag cardio is back up.


Note: I have been re-cruited as a fight instructor by a ROTC cadet I know.  He and his RA want to learn how to fight, and they turned to me.  I'll be instructing them 2 days a week.  Hoping that it will give me a chance to brush-up on my fundamentals.  Will need to create a cirriculum.  May post it on here.  Will be attempting to recruit one more cadet who showed interest at the beggining of the year.  If this pans out, I may have another stable of sparring partners.


Still need to work on being a wrestling coach for a chick I know.  She finally wanted a lesson, and the gym was occupied.  Sucks.

1 comment:

  1. *random*
    Reconditioning your shin ey? man i got the same problem with my instep
    it doesn't hurt, it just stings like hell
    Well good luck being a instructor

    ReplyDelete