Sunday, November 28, 2004

Training Log: Entry 32


Gained weight over the holiday season.  Will be cleaning up my diet/getting back to 1+ gallons of water a day to compensate.


Note: Warm up hands before hitting heavybag.  Temp is around 35 degrees in Portland, and hands are going numb.  Though this means I can hit the heavybag harder bare-handed, it also presents a greater risk of injury.


Saw an interesting clip of some Kyokushin guys fighting "drunken boxing" here


http://s8.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2...B9C61A211D8 C8


(Link will probably not last long.  Get it while you can)


Kyo guys fight pretty slick.  These guys tended to be outfighters.  Stocky: possibly as a result of their conditioning.  Tend to be really leggy.  Reminds me of TKD guys crossbred with Muay Thai.  Would like to see some handwork aside from prodding strikes to gauge distance.


I would love to learn Kyo at some point in my life.  However, being that it's another striking Martial Art, odds are I would have to abandon a lot of my present training.  Makes me wish I had found it in Portland.  Still might have a chance before I die though.


Further Note: Two events coming up.  San Diego sparring get together on 18 Dec 04 http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=13671 and official Washington Bullshido McThrowdown on 5 Feb 05 http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17794


Should have fun.  Hopefully, video will come faster than the Oregon one (still waiting for that)   

No comments:

Post a Comment