Saturday, February 5, 2005

Training Log: Entry 58


I apologize if my thoughts aren't coherent.  I have taken many a shot to the cranium today, and am hopped up on IB Profuen. 


Throwdown went alright.  Not too much talent in my weight class.  Most people were 155-160lbs: 20-25 below me.  However, I did get to box a person who was 205 of mostly muscle.  He destroyed my skull.  Good right hands.  I'm amazed I survived, but happy as well, because it means I can take a power shot from a guy 25lbs heavier (way out of my weight class) and still fight. 


Rematch with Mark was awesome.  I love San Shou rules.  Shame it did not last longer.


Was eye gouged.  Got revenge.  Destroyed the bastard's abdomen with bodyblows. 


Got armbarred.   Pissed me off.  Need to be smarter on bottom.


Right hand is staying up on jabs.  Makes me happy.  Left hand is still dropping somewhat on right hand attacks.  Hands still drop somewhat on kicks.  Still, overall improvement of form.  Jab still stays out too long, but the snap was a bit better.


Good clinch work.  Managed a half suplex.  Looked and felt cool.  Poor little bastard.


Mouth bleeds badly.  Need a fix, or else competitions will suck.  Thankfullly my folks sent me my mouthguards.


Fought hungry.  Might be a good sign.  When fully nourished, performance should be excellent.


Hopefully will have videos soon.


Final damage count: 1 black eye, 1 cut below eye, 1 burst blood vesel in same eye as result of eye gouge, 1 banged knee, rug burns on legs, slight burns on chest, no bruising on body, two internall busted lips.


PFT is coming up.  Once it is over, back to old training regimine.  Strength was progresing phenominially, as was endurance.  Shoudl time out so that during Pankration Comp, I will be at peak performance.

9 comments:

  1. Wow, sounds like good matches. What do you mean by your old training routine, what's different?
    Can't wait for the videos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Videos will be delayed. Camera is acting up. Need to get it repaired.The old training routine basically meant I was working out instead of resting for a throwdown =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. PFT = Physical Fitness Training?
    Anyways, sounds cool. So you're 180 then? and fought some guy who was 205, wow, nice. Good to hear you're keeping form with your punches and kicks. Sucks you got armbarred, but it happens. I did nothing today, no superbowl (sports don't really interest me), no nothing, so at least you did something cool. And man, how come you always seem to get injured? Most I usally get is a hurt wrist and some soreness. Maybe I need to step it up, althogh after Arfoo... Anyways, can't wait for the vids. And congrats on surviving a heavier guy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't get injured, just hurt. Injuries take you out of the game for a period of time. Being hurt just means I walk around with black eyes and shit =PI got a good jaw, so I can take some of the punches that'll give me all these marks. Might not be for the best in the long run, but meh.PFT=Physical Fitness Test. They're gonna see how outta shape I am =PAnd this was saturday, not sunday. I did nothing today too, except lift.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh ok, I remember reading a while back you said you were switching to more a more machine-oriented bodybuilder-ish routine, I think? I thought you were changing that up.
    By the way, random: did you see the Tito Ortiz vs Chuck Liddel match last night?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, the BBing thing was just because I had an injured shoulder. I don't have aspirations to stick with anything like that.And I don't have a TV, so no real chance to catch any matches.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am really glad that you enjoyed the WA get together.  The vids were awesome!!! I am so proud of you as I see the progression from the first ones you have sent me.  Glad to hear/see that you are keeping your right hand up.  Now the the PFT is over you can go back to normal.  It sounds like a good plan.  So happy for you.  Keep up all the hard work.  Take care!  ~aloha~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like I said, camera needs to be repaired.  I need to basically send it back to the manufactuerer.

    ReplyDelete