Sunday, February 13, 2005

Training Log: Entry 61


Went to another grappling class.


Worked on guard sweeps.  Learned how to push forward with knees in open guard and how to close off the guard at the knees and climb up into mount.


Learned my two new favorite moves.  Achilles lock, and ankle lock.  I was pulling these ALL through practice.  We did a drill where one guy has guard and the other stands and tries to pass, and I just kept pull sweep and achilles on the bastard.  It's the same training partner I hate, so at least I don't feel bad about it =P  I also passed his guard about a billion times.


Shoulder became rice crispies in practice (snap, crackle, pop).  Doesn't seem like too much damage was done.  It's better than when I hurt it lifting, and a lot better than when it popped out boxing.  However, I think I'm going to look into doing some phsyical therapy on my own with it to strengthen the joints/tendens/ligaments.


Barring injuries, I will be participating int he Pankration tournament.  Got the "ok" from my folks.

5 comments:

  1. It is exciting to hear about the new moves you learned.  It sounds like they are going to be extremely beneficial for your fighting.  Sorry to hear about the shoulder.  At least you didn't do major damage, but I do think it is a great idea to do some pt on your own.  I am happy to hear that your parents gave you the okay to participate in the tournament.  It sounds like it is going to be a really good learning experience for you.  Things are really coming together for you.  I admire your accomplishments.  Keep up the awesome work!  I am proud of you!  ~aloha~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whats this about your shoulder popping out whilst boxing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happened a long time ago.  'bout Oct.  You can read about it on this journal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meant to add, is it bad for joints to crackle a lot, cause a lot of mine do....regularly..
    >_>
    <_<

    ReplyDelete