Monday, February 20, 2006

Training Log: Entry 192


Another MMA club meeting.


Got a new guy with some TKD and minor Judo experience.  Another guy that was an Ex-Army Ranger with some minor BJJ training.


Worked some basic ground grappling with them paired off with Kyokushin/BJJ chick (armbar from guard/mount, kimura from side control, RNC, guilltine).


The main TKD guy showed up late, along with the MT/sub grappling guy.  Worked some clinch work with the crowd (optimum clinch, straight/up/cup knee).


Did some standup sparring with the Kyokushin chick.  She punches hard.  I outweigh her by 70lbs, so I was going way light while she was going as hard as possible.  My form suffered because I'm awful when I spar light.  My hands did an alright job of being up, and I worked my angles for my leg kicks.  She had power, but telegraphed from miles away.  Gave me a chance to work my leg checks.  Kicked in the groin a lot.  Good thing I had my cup.  Took one good punch to the face.  Need to take light sparring seriously.  That's the time to work on form.


Sold some mouthguards.  Now no one has an excuse to not spar me.

2 comments:

  1. Lol you kidding? you need to sell some pain-killers and maybe some bokens, then no one would have an excuse to not spar with you .

    ReplyDelete
  2. what? You mean "I don't wanna get my ass kicked" isn't an excuse?

    ReplyDelete