Monday, February 27, 2006

Training Log: Entry 197


Another MMA club meeting.


Rolled with kyokushin/BJJ girl.  Mostly me working out of her guard/half guard while being too nice to drive my elbows into her thighs, eventually working out into a comfortable half guard, and then I worked out so that I had her mounted.  I snaged her arm at the elbow joint and ran her forearm against my torso while using my bicep as a driving force against her elbow, forcing a tap.  No idea what the hell that was.


Did some standup with Kenpo guy.  Still too light.  Really wish he'd up the intensity more.  Did some more bow and arrow crap with my jab.  I need heavier folks to spar, or to just do some boxing rules.  I don't mind hitting hard with just punches.


Standup with KK chick.  Pointed out how she majorly telegraphed and had messed up footwork.  Hit her gloves into her face a lot.  Throwed some combos and worked on range.  Need to stop pulling isolated shots, but it's hard without the momentum of power.


Rolled with Kenpo dude.  Awesome battle.  Strength vs. Strength, constantly moving, swapping positions.  I managed to actually be active with someone in my guard, escaped a poorly done RNC, swapped positions, got into his half guard, and threw in another kimura.  I love that move.


Need more standup. 

8 comments:

  1. "I snaged her arm at the elbow joint and ran her forearm against my torso while using my bicep as a driving force against her elbow, forcing a tap.  No idea what the hell that was."
    A new move, obviously.
    I think you should call it the "Jared special". Maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been making up subs for months now.  Wish I had some decent instruction so I didn't have to =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, making up your own special techniques... Just like in anime... "JARED SPECIAL!" (or jutsu if you want it to be more nartuo-ish). Just remember that you have to spin around and yell it out loud for all to hear in preperation to using it

    ReplyDelete
  4. ^^^ if he did that, then he wouldn't need to actually do the sub.
    His opponent would die laughing ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously, just deck those people if they're going too light. Hahahaha. I'd love to see the krotty girl start crying with a bloody nose.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Damn, you're tapping people left and right. Maybe it's not as big a deal as I think it is but that's awesome considering you don't have a prestigious background in submissions or anything.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The KK chick takes harder shots than most other folks.  She's pretty tough.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ask her if she'll marry me?
    Tough chicks are sexy.
    Although yeah, people who train in KK tend to get pretty tough.

    ReplyDelete