Monday, March 20, 2006

Training Log: Entry 203


Another MMA club meeting.  Best turnout ever.  Sadly, I didn't get to do too much sparring/rolling because I was playing more the instructor role, but was still fun.


Did some focus mitt work with my girlfriend (new member).


Did some focus mitt work with the MT guy, trying to get his boxing game up (he's got some nice power, but lacks followthrough, technique, flow, and keeping his guard up).


Did some Chi Sao with the WC guy.  Pretty fun stuff.  Got him here and there.  Can't wait to develop a decent flow to it.


Sparred the Kempo guy.  I got him on leg kicks and cardio.  Goddamn my punch game is so crappy when I hold back.  It was a frickin' slap fight when it got into punch range.  I seriously need to learn how to punch at like 50% power with good form.  I can only do well at near full force, and it's gonna lead to bad habits.  Still, found my range well, and found ways to plaster him where I could.


Did some grappling with the girlfriend.  The BJJ/KK chick had worked with her previously, and I helped her test out some techniques and just do some free rolling.


Worked some WC trapping with the WC guy.


That was about it.  Lots learned today.


Highlight was watching the Kempo dude kick the crap out of the TKD guy.  Kept kicking him in the balls everytime he raised up high for a kick.  Mr. TKD still isn't learning his lesson though...maybe if both of the girls kick his ass.

5 comments:

  1. haha poor TKD guy, those girls probably will beat him up if they watch you guys do it long enough

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh maybe you should give him some pointers before he dooms his future children. Or do you feel it's not your place to do that or something?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I give him pointers, and he always does the same stuff.  It doesn't help that I "learned" TKD from this guy at the TKD club.  Or that he shows up to the MMA club wearing his black belt.  That really pisses me off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha that's hilarious. DECK HIM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OHHH. Right in the Mean Bean Machine! He deserves it, though.

    ReplyDelete