Thursday, June 5, 2008

Training Log: Entry 588

Sumo deadlifts of 405
5,3,3

Notes: Learned my lesson from previous experience and terminated the sets once they got too difficult.  Felt a slight pull in my left hip on the final rep, but played through the pain for the rest of the workout and felt fine walking out of the gym.  Utilized the strategy of raising my hands above my head, taking a deep breath, and knocking out a rep.  Works very well for the first rep, but I think I need to reset for every rep to make this extremely effective.  The weird looks alone from the mutant clowns in the gym alone should be worth it.

Bench press
280x5
290x5
290x3

Notes: Been so long since I benched that I didn't add up the weight right on the first set.  Focused on staying extremely tight, especially in my upper back.  The pain in my elbows is completely gone.  Oustanding.

Pull-ups w/55lbs
5,4,4

Notes: Think I'm just about as far as I can get on these for now.  After I finish up 55lbs, going to switch.  Maybe to chins, or v-bar chins.

 

Band pull aparts w/light+mini
15,13

Notes: These are getting really easy.  Rear delts getting very wrong.  Should ask for green bands on my next birthday.

Neck harness work w/35lbs

Notes: Progressing well on this one.  Can't wait until I an gain more weight and make my neck vanish.

No comments:

Post a Comment