Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Training Log: Entry 591

Squats of 275+chains
3x5

Notes: Figured the chains would help deload the weight at the bottom of the squat, where I find myself prone to injury.  Back was feeling great today, and only experienced a little bit of tightness.  I've lost a great degree of flexibility, and am lacking in lowerback strength.  I'm folded over like a choirboy in my squats.  Need to focus on keeping my arch.

Dips w/100lbs
5,3,3

Notes: Used the power rack and 2 bars to create parallel bars.  Was a shakey set-up, so numbers dropped a little.  Gonna call it training for my stablizers.

DB rows of 145
3x5

Notes: Lats were really engaged on this movement.  Right is stronger than left, but that comes with DB work.

Band pull aparts w/light +2minis
2x10

Notes: Increased resistance is nice for a change.

 

Got more video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPa-U_lJFTw

2 comments:

  1. something that helps keep my upper back tight is to pretend like you are trying to break the bar over your back by pulling down with your elbows (kind of like you are pulling yourself up out of the hole). It will help keep your lats and traps tight.

    ReplyDelete