Saturday, June 14, 2008

Training Log: Entry 590

Front Squats of 275
5,4,4

Notes: Didn't lose any progress after my week off to rehab my back, and my back felt great once I strapped on my belt.  Might've been able to grunt out the full 3x5, but wanted to take things easy.

Pause Bench press of 225+chains
3x5

Notes: First time using chains.  Got two lengths of 5 feet of 1/2 chain at the tractor supply store the other day, and wanted to try them out.  Using a longer pause than before.

V-bar pull-ups w/35lbs
3x5

Notes: Chins never work for me, so I swap these with pull-ups.  Got great lat activiation.

 

Hise shrugs of 355 supersetted with neck harness work w/35lb plate
12/15, 12/15

 

Got some video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Apdu-yckAzI

 

Have been doing band good mornings on my off days to help with re-hab, seems to be working.

4 comments:

  1. don't forget to really drive those elbows up when you come out of the hole. Its easier to do with a clean grip but still helps cross grip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah?  I really had no idea, it's how I always do them, haha.

    ReplyDelete