Monday, June 2, 2008

Training Log: Entry 587

Front squats of 275
5,3,3

Notes: Fell down on the first rep of the second set, and decided not to push myself to allow my back to heal.  Think I tore a muscle in my lower back on squats, or re-injured the same torn muscle.  Pain has moved from my lower back to my hip on my right side, so that's a plus at least.  Used my new powerlifting belt on these, and love it so much more than the cheapo Weider belt I was using at the gym.

Weights dips w/100lbs
5,4,4

Notes: Didn't push myself to spare my elbow health. 

DB rows of 145
5,4

Notes: Cut a set out for the sake of my back.  These are becoming Kroc rows at this point, but I don't care too much.  The pull-ups hit my lats just fine, and this is doing a good job of overloading my back.

2 comments:

  1. dammit dude you're all fucked up now huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nah, the injury is from the last squat session.  It's not really hindering my training, I'm just having to train around it.  I'm gonna take away spinal loading movements and switch to sumo pulls on my second day.

    ReplyDelete