Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Training log: Entry 2

Note: Yesterday's entry
was skipped due to it being an involunatary rest day (working and a
"farewell" getogether with some friends before I headed off to
Portland.  The most I can attribute to actual training is playing
Tekken for a few hours and some extremely light shadow boxing.  My
diet was also pretty crappy as all I ate that day was a bowl of cereal,
a peanut butter sandwhich, some pizza and some chicken, but I digress).

0930: Woke up-7 hours of sleep

1000:
12 minutes of HIIT bike cardio.  2 minutes of level 6 intensity,
10 minutes on level 5.  Total calories burned: 192

1030: 1 bowl of low carb/high protein cereal with 2% milk, and a glass of diet coke

1215: 6 cheeseburgers with no bun

1330: Weight Lifting (Day 1 of split: Chest and Triceps)
Flat Bench: 2 sets of 290lbs, 1 set of 285lbs, 3 sets of 280lbs, 2 sets of 275lbs, 1 set of 270lbs: all sets 1-5 reps
Incline Bench: 4 sets of 1-5 reps at 235lbs
Wide Grip Bench: 3 sets of 1-5 reps at 235lbs
Wide Grip Push-ups: 25 reps
Narrow Grip Bench: 1 set of 185lbs, 2 sets of 175lbs: all sets at 1-5 reps
French Press: 5 sets of 1-5 reps at 80lbs
Tricep Kickbacks: 5 sets of 1-5 reps at 30lbs
Parallel push-ups: 30 reps
Note:
The reason for the 10 sets of bench is due to my desire to reach a
300lbs max before I leave for Portland OR.  Once that goal is
reached, my split/routine will change

1430: Post lifting meal (protein shake and bar)

1630: 1lb Double Six Dollar burger with diet coke

1500-2200: Work.  Extremely light cardio and lifting

2235: Peanut butter sandwich with diet coke

2300: 100 push-ups

2400: Modified some Harbinger bag gloves to make them NHB style gloves.

2425: 2 chicken breasts

0130: Sleep

Total water consumed during day: 1 gallon

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the support man.  It is much appreciated, especially since you're a reader that I don't know personally.
    Just think, if I ever make it big, you can say "I knew him when he was a self-absorbed little whelp who posted on Xanga" =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool man props cause i wouldn't eat hambugers with no bun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow thats incredible. a whopping 12 minutes hiit! =P jk.
    hamburgers  with no bun? dude are you skipping carbs on your rest day? you need carbs to rebound from the work outs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude, there's no way I'm going to eat high carb on a high protein diet.  I'm not bulking =P

    ReplyDelete
  5. ha! yo check out my running topic on IF even if you don't post there anymore.
    i need your critique

    ReplyDelete