Tuesday, June 6, 2006

Training Log: Entry 239


BJJ and MT tonight.


Summary of BJJ:
Free rolling
Conditioning
Drilling


Summary of free roll:
Tapped out the biggest guy in class.  Furthermore, tapped him out with a kimura from guard.  I was applying the kimura from mount, he somehow rolled me, ended up in my guard, I still had the kimura, kept cranking, got a tap.  First time I ever used that move.


Posisitioning was excellent today.  I was flowing, never in a bad place for too long.  Took a guy's back from guard throw some posisitioning, flipped him to mount, tapped.  Managed to use a far leg cradle from bottom of sidemount to reverse and have side control.  Cardio held up well.


Went up against some kid with something to prove.  Mighta been a wrestler.  Didn't want to actually grapple, just wanted to keep moving away from me on his knees.  Don't know what the hell that was about.  He'd lock up, I'd lock up, he'd get frustrated and throw away.  Eventually he just lay on his back hoping to suck me into his guard.  I moved in for side control, slipped into full mount, put on a kimura for a tap.  Idiot.


Conditioning was fine.


Learned the omoplata.  From guard, plant a leg, push head towards planted leg, take non-planted leg and slip it over the shoulder.  Scoot out while rolling him forward.  From here, kick the non-locked leg out, keep scooting away until you break down his base.  Crank forward for tap.  Shoulder lock.


Note: Focus on kicking leg out more.


New sweep.  Motion for omoplata, when he moves his head back, lock the head and arm, break them down, slip leg inside for sweep.


 


Muay Thai Class:
Warm-up
Drill
Conditioning


Warm-up: Bag work.  No pain in shins.


Drill:
Straight punches to face, low kick to outside front leg.  Defender blocks punches and eats kick.


Same as above but shin check kick.


Same as above, but attacker uses front leg roundhouse.  Defender defends with front leg.


Coaches notes: Need to cross my front leg over more.  I do well enough to cover an inside front leg kick but not an outside rear leg kick.


Sparring with only the above techniques


Notes: Defense is doing good.  Focus on keeping chin tucked.  Partner dropped hands for kicks, so I launched jabs at his face.


Conditioning: Lots of kicks and knees on the bags.


Notes: My left knee hurts.  Might have pulled it playing soccer.  Will be taking tomorrow off with some ice.
Drills

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on all these tapouts. It seems like you've been getting these often lately. Or is not that big of a deal, really, and it's just part of routine practice?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tend to do alright for myself.  Wrestling made it so that I never really got in a posisition to be tapped, so from there I had to work on my submission offense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got a bit of a weight advantage, too. It's harder to tap out heavier guys, even for other heavier guys Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg omoplata more like homoplata lolz omg i kid
    omg go for omoplatas on guys who try to pass from their feet omg
    omg control his hips with your arm too omg or he'll be wiley and roll out NO JOKE

    ReplyDelete
  5. You were playing Soccer? thats not usual, were you hanging out with adam? glad your beeting people up in your gym, healthy ego boost, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nah, I was playing it with my girlfriend's nephew.  He's 10, so it wasn't anything major, just some fun, but odd movements on my joints.

    ReplyDelete