Monday, June 26, 2006

Training Log: Entry 247


BJJ:
Rolling
Drills
Conditioning


Summary of rolling:
Posistioning was great today.  Managed to upa and roll people from bottom mount into their guard.  Got complimented on that a lot.  Pull of some weird one where from bottom half guard I reached and hooked someone's arm and then upaed him for a tap...don't know how that worked.


Pulled a kimura from guard on someone in slow motion.  Had no idea what I was doing, and alluva sudden tap.  He asked me to teach it to him.  Just totally dumbfounded.


Pulled off a triangle twice on someone trying to use "the Gracie Gift".  Never done that before.


Move from a triangle into armbar as like I was taught in a previous class.  Like that transition.


Worked a kimura from top mount into being rolled into my guard.  Love that transition. 


Really need to work on bottom of sidemount.  Had nothing.


Fought off a RNC and managed to eventually swing around into their guard.  It was epic...need to learn how to do it faster.


New techniques: Drilling neck crank from turtle
Right knee into ribs, right arm holds down their right tricep.  Cross face with left arm, crank face to the side and join left arm.  Pull them back, shoudler places pressure on head forcing neck down while sinking down and to the back.  Tap.


Roll from side of turtle
Right knee behind butt (referee posistion), go for RNC, when they go to defend, take right arm and yank left arm, put on the meaty side of the ribs, shuffle back and roll over into side mount.


Conditioning: The only thing making this noteworthy is that today was 100 degrees in a cramped room with no AC.  Awesome feeling.


 


Did standing behind the back shoulder presses as my ME upperbody lift today.  I'm hooked.  Sadly only put up 165 for 2 reps, but I figure once I adjust to the motion it'll help.

2 comments:

  1. With that catcing kicks thing. I swing my left shoulder forward *or vice versa, depending on which foot they use* and bring my hands on my side and open them up. Catch them by the arch and the ankle if done correctly. I then proceed to throw them down and beat the hell out of em. Oh BTW, should i take Judo, Kempo ( I'm kinda diggin Kempo cause Chuck is so good with it ) or Muay Thai? I've got 5 years boxing experience, but I'm a big guy and Judo would be good for using my height and weight for takedowns, and submisssions. Kempo is so badass =P

    ReplyDelete