Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Training Log: Entry 242


Woke up and shoudler was about 95% better, so decided to go to class.


BJJ:
Warm-up
Techniques
Rolling


Warm-up: Some PT.  Bleh.


Techniques:
Working basic hip escapes.  From bottom mount, umpa to get him off balance, then push off his leg while using a heavy leg shrimp/hip escape, put into half guard, do the same for other side for full guard.


Note: Make sure to bridge on umpa to really get the torque in


Second escape from under side mount.  Work arm posistioning so that one arm traps the hip with the blade of the forearm while the other snakes in under the elbow.  Push up, kick the legs out from under and to the side, then bring elbows to knees.


Third escape: Hookshot-from under side mount, work arm posistioning, and then move the arm under their armpit and leg on the same side up and over head while escaping out and to the side to take their back.


Note: Up, not over.


Rolling: Start out one guy on sidemount, one guy on top


Was on top of some huge guy.  Got bucked over and over again.  Shame we had to start over everytime that happened, but I eventually somehow got him in a standing RNC.  Was pretty cool.


When it was my turn to be under, the rules changed to keep going even if the guy on bottom reverses.  Spent two rounds in some guy's lazy ass guard where he wasn't trying to sub.  Dick.


From there, rolling from the knees.  Went up against a huge guy (had to have been about 280 of mostly fat).  I knew I didn't want to be under him, so I reverted back to wrestling and shoved him down and went into his guard, work to half guard, work to mount.  Then he did something really annoying and stopped the roll so he could "teach" me something I already knew, afterwards starting us over in halfguard instead of mount.  Cheap move.


Pulled a guy into my guard and slapped on a kimura.  He was dumbfounded.  I did the whole move in slow motion and he didn't even bother to stop it.  Guess he didn't know you could do that.


 


Muay Thai:
Drilling
Conidtioning


Drill: Slip the jab
Notes: I need to work on circling instead of just moving back when I slip


Drill: Slip the jab and counter punch
Notes: When slip with right, counter left.  Vise versa


Drill: Slip the jab and counter kick

Sparring with only straights and roundhouse
Notes: Hands are dropping a bit, but at least chin is staying tucked, so I get punched in the eye and forehead instead of throat and chin


One guy kept circling to my powerside, so I kept roundhouse kicking his lead leg.  This wasn't enough, so I started double kicking it.  That wasn't enough, so instead of triple kicking I said "Dude, circle AWAY from my power, not towards it".  He nodded and kept doing the same damn thing, so I ended up punching him in the eye and he lost a contact lense.


Worked the inside leg kicks well tonight.


Went up against a guy with good head movement.  I love and hate these guys.  I wanna move like them, they're annoying.  However, whenever he did his headmovement, he dropped his weight way low, so I'd always just kick his leg.


Conditioning: meh

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like good time skills, but how on earth do you keep drawing such cruddy battle buddies???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pure grappling tends to breed ego because you don't ever get smacked a good one =P
    I get some good folks for the most part though, I just bitch about the bad one's too much and don't talk about the good one's enough, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heh, the bad ones are what stick out in everyones mind. I have that habbit too and try to remember to praise the guys i really enjoy playing with with whether its Tennis, fencing, or whatever. That 280 lb fat guy you were fighting sounds like a pain. He's way out of your weight class and he has to use dirty tricks to mess up what you worked hard to achieve. And being under that lazy submission sounds frustrating and not to mention unpleasant. At least you learn who to avoid. Its like Illiah, I'm just going to avoid fighting him, just not worth it to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, being in the guard wasn't painful per se, just annoying.  I need to work on breaking guard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa, both BJJ and MT in the same day? Are they right after one another?And you ever say anything to them, or do you just nod your head and pretend to agree so that you can get back to training?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dude, where you been, I've been doing BJJ and MT on the same day for a month now =P
    If it's really annoying (like someone punching 3 feet away from me in a drill), I'll tell them "Hey, punch me", but in grappling, you're only rolling for so long that if you take the time to tell them it's just gonna be one totally wasted roll.  I usually do whatever it takes to get them to shut up and keep rolling.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG guard pass that works well for me omg if you don't know this one already try it out omg if you do know it use it more wtf cuz it's awesome omg
    http://bjj.org/techniques/bjjfighter/gi/guard/pass2/
    IMO stack when you do it omg
    Also can just push down hard on his right leg (the leg on your left side omg) alot of times to break his guard unless he's the 1 out of a million guys who cross the right leg over the left. I like doing it that way better because you can keep your elbows in close while doing it to avoid triangles and stuff sometimes. So like...in the second picture where he says to push down and extend the arms outward..instead of that I usually try to posture up with my elbows close and push down hard on his right leg while putting my right knee in the middle and still trying to squeeze my elbows towards me so as soon as the space is there my elbows slide out and I grab under the legs and move foward to stack and go around to side mount omg try it omgomg

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't why I never noticed that before. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete