Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Training Log: Entry 245


BJJ and MT


BJJ:
Warm-up
New tech
Roll


Warm-up: Did some pummeling drills for about 10 minutes.  Was right at home, just like wrestling.  40% resistance until whistle blown, then 100% trying to acheive underhooks.  Went about 50/50 on my W/L on this drill.


New techs:


Armbar from guard:
Notes-Remember to post same side heel on their hip and get the right angle.


Triangle:
Notes-Here is where I always mess up.  Just like the armbar, same side leg posts on hip, meaning the opposite leg pumps up and locks around.  Really use that leg posted on hip to get that other leg up and around.


Armbar from triangle:
If triangle fails, kick other leg over for armbar.  Note: This is the only time you cross ankles on armbar for force placed on head.


If unable to get any of this, take arm opposite of posted leg, snake underneath nearest leg, then kick out your opposite leg in a "L" to generate momentum and roll them to under your mount.


Rolling: I was in top guard with the goal of passing and working for subs.  Guy on bottom attempts to apply everything learned today.  Still couldn't pass guard.  Need to work on that.


MT:
Warm-up
Drills
Conditioning


Note: Like yesterday, focus on keeping hands up no matter what.


Warm-up: Straight punches and low kicks on heavy bag.  I focused on throwing no isolated shots
50 leg kicks with each leg on heavybag
10 sets of triplet high kicks on each leg


Drills: Focus on the day on teep (push-kick)
Drill 1: Attacker throws straight shots, defender uses teep to keep them out of range
Note: Partner was a total loser today, so as the aggressor I kept landing and as the defender he never got in.  However, he was a southpaw, so it was a learning experience.


Drill 2: Same as above, except the attacker uses a sweep block to deflect the teep and counter with a low kick.  Since I was going against a southpaw, my sweeps were reversed.  Did a good job of keeping hands up.


Drill 3: Same as above, but now rear leg teep instead of front leg teep.


Drill 4: Same as above, but any teep may be used.
Notes: I do an alright job using lead hand deflect, but rear hand needs work.


Drill 5: Basically same as above, but sparring instead of drilling
Notes: Partner couldn't keep his hands up, gave up after every exchange, dropped his hands to defelect low kicks, just bad.  I did my best to take this time to capitalize on every mistake he made to make this productive.  My hands did a good job of staying up.


Conditioning: Meh.

4 comments:

  1. Could I be your mentor??? Anyway, thanks for the advice on the weights

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mean, damn it, I mean could you be my mentor?, sorry I screwed up there

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are much better mentors out there, but I can give you a hand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg I told you the best guard pass in the history of history and still you have not mastered grappling yet.

    ReplyDelete