Thursday, May 29, 2008

Training Log: Entry 586

Squats of 355
1x3

Notes: Felt a twinge in my back on the 3rd rep, so cut the set short and terminated the rest of the exercise.  It's not as bad as the first time, so hopefully I won't be off my feet for a long time.  I beleive I have at least correcty diagnosed the issue with form.  I have been using the pins to determine depth on my squat, making light contact on the descent and then rising from there.  I beleieve that making contact is unloading the weight from my spine, and then going up from there reloads the weight way too rapidly, putting the weight on my back without any sort of "tightness".  After resting up, I'm going to try again without the pins in place, and see if I still encounter this problem.  I won't have any pins in a meet anyway, so it'll be good to learn depth this way.

Pull-ups w/55lbs
5,3,3

Notes: Didn't want to go all out for the sake of my back.  Might be time to switch this out anyway.

Band pull aparts w/light+mini
2x13

Neck harness work with 35lbs

45 degree extensions to get blood flowing.

 

Skipped the bench in order to avoid further injury from arching.

1 comment:

  1. That makes sense. Hopefully it makes the difference for you.

    ReplyDelete