Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Training Log: Entry 614

Squats of 390+chains
5,5,4

Notes: Never felt this strong before.  The first set went up like a warm-up.  Had 5 in me for the last set, but lost all my tenseness, and didn't want to try to regroup it at the risk of injury.  I've been given the week off from work, been sleeping in tons, and eating well, and I think it's starting to pay off.  My back feels like new, no dull pain, no aches, nothing when I round the back, it's great.  Hope to keep this up with smart training.

CG bench of 245+chains
5,4,4

Notes: Felt less elbow clicking than usual.  Must remember to keep both shoulders tucked.  One flared out, and caused minor discomfort during the second set.

Wide grip pull-up w/40lbs
5,4,4

Notes: Great lat activation, just be wary of shoulder rounding.

 

Circuit of
Hise shrugs of 355
20,16
Ab band pull down w/2 lights
15,20
Band face pull w/light
2x12

 

Ran 1.5 miles yesterday. No time, just focused on breathing and form.  Test on the 16th, don't want to peak too early.

5 comments:

  1. when you did RE work for squats, did you have to end up eventually taking 5 second breathers when you got to the top of the movement when you were REALLY fatigued? Or is it best to just keep a consistent pace until you drop?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn, there are people on T-Nation saying that they've found JS bands to be of much better quality. Thanks for killing my purchase, you jerk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard good things about Iron Woody, was just curious about the number system.

    ReplyDelete
  4. More grave is the fact that EliteFTS has the bands for nearly half the price of what I payed.

    ReplyDelete