Friday, September 19, 2008

Training Log: Entry 616

Took my PFT a few days ago

1.5 Mile Run: 12:43
1 minute of push-ups: 62
1 minute of sit-ups: 55
Waist Measurement: 34.5
Total Score: 81.75/100

Notes: One of my best scores in a while.  Came in pretty skinny, and a decent run time.  Ran it in an indoor track that took 13 laps to complete, so I had no way to pace myself.  Started gassing around the 8th or 9th lap, something about the test always fries my body out.  Had plenty left in me for the push-ups and sit-ups, but anything beyond those numbers doesn't count so why bother?  This concludes my cardio experiment, but I found out I can still train heavy squats while doing cardio, so I might just keep 1-2 days of it in my training.

For yesterday's workout

Squats of 400+chains
5,3,4

Notes: Screwed up my foot placement on the second set, explaining the number difference.  I'm really starting to hit my groove on squat form, keeping my back tight  and whole body tense during the movement.  No more good mornings.  Think these rapid gains will be coming to a close soon.

CG bench press of 240+chains
3x5

Note: A little touch and go here or there, but I'm not really training for strength off the chest at this point.  Going to avoid shooting myself in the foot by using small 5lb increases from here.

Wide grip pull-ups w/40lbs
5,5,4

Notes: Just taking these slow.  Whenever I get around 45lbs on pull-ups, things start to fall apart, so I'm going to try to avoid that this time around.

 

No accessory work this time around, gonna try for tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Nice numbers. I notice you haven't deadlifted for awhile. Is your back better?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it's feeling great, I'm just avoiding any movement that might potentially injure it.  I'm gonna pick up on the deadlifting and deadlifting variations with Westside, but I figure people back in the day used to only train their bench and squat and just kinda gut out their deadlift, so it can't be too bad, haha.

    ReplyDelete