Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Training Log: Entry 802

RE upper push

DB press of 100
15,8,8+7

Notes: Managed a 2 rep improvement on the final set before using rest pause, and the second set felt easy.  Had issue locking out the right side, left side shot up no issue.

NG pull-ups w/45lbs
3x5

Notes: Plate caught on the assisted portion of the station a few times, but I still managed my sets.  Not worrying about lat engagement, just completing the movement.

Close grip incline press of 135
8,8,20

Notes: First time using this movement, but it's awesome, and should fill a gap in my training.  First set was shakey trying to learn the movement, but I got the hang of it fast.  Got my shoulders and triceps well, and still did a decent job with my chest.  Think I hit 10-12 reps on the third set before rest pausing.

V-handle cable rows
160x15
160*x15
160x10
160x10 w/dropset of 100 and 85

Notes: Weight felt so light on my first set that I thought I misremembered my log, so I stacked on the extra plate.  Apparently I was wrong, but just means I got some more volume.

Face pulls superset w/cable curls

No comments:

Post a Comment