Monday, August 9, 2010

Training Log: Entry 875

SSB squats of 335
3x5

of 245
1x6

Notes: I've come to terms with the fact that my body is just burnt out on the SSB box squats.  Got under 365 today and it was like murder.  I've switched the movement, and will be employing a 3 steps forward, 1 step back approach to my training.  I'm going back to squatting everytime I train, but will progress 3 times before resetting the weight to what I was working with on the second training session when I start the cycle over again.  I gotta come to terms with the fact I'm an intermediate lifter, and I can no longer just rely on linear progression for everything.

Bench of 270
5,5,3

Blast strap push-ups

Notes: Tested out the blast straps, thinking they'd have some carry-over to my PFT, but they're much more about chaos training.  Gonna stict with the high rep benches, and maybe just throw some push-ups and crunches into the end of the workout.

Chins w/45lbs
3x6

of bodyweight
1x6

Notes: Tired of being at a low weight.  Best chins I've had in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment