Saturday, September 10, 2005

Training Log: Entry 128


Have adjusted bagwork yet again.


1X3 shadowboxing
1X3 shadow muay thai from boxing stance
1X3 shadow MMA from boxing stance
1X3 no glove heavybag boxing
1X3 no glove heavybag MT from boxing stance
1X3 no glove MMA from boxing stance
1X3 gloved boxing
1X3 gloved MT from boxing stance
1X3 gloved MMA from boxing stance


Noticing considerable increase in punching power now that I fight from boxing stance.  Power is still less so when doing MT/MMA than pure boxing, but better than when I fought in MT stance.  Able to shoot/defend takedowns better as well.


Have attended 1 TKD class so far.  Currently went over
Front stance
Side stance
Straight punch from front stance
Straight punch from side stance
Front kick from side stance
Roundkick from side stance
Sidekick from side stance
Hook kick from side stance
Low block from front stance
Middle block from side stance

Done some drills.  Basic stuff.  Forward and backward.  I am not confessing my previous TKD experience while attending these lessons, and instead ranked at white belt with others.  I still do my best to help out after class away from instructors.  Wondering how long I can keep playing dumb.  Also wonder if I'll ever get to do some real sparring.


Weight update either tomorrow or monday.  Look like I'm losing weight.  Getting hard to keep bulking.

2 comments:

  1. How's the TKD look to you so far? Good class?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the fact they emphasize good form/technique over function, but this place won't be making fighters. Once again, no contact sparring rules that out. I did get a laugh though while playing dumb when someone said "Don't worry, after a while you'll realize you don't need strength to have strong attacks. There are some tiny girls in our class that could take you down with technique alone"Still though, it's a breath of fresh air, and it'll help with some attributes...plus it's free.

    ReplyDelete