Thursday, September 15, 2005

Training Log: Entry 130

Second TKD class. 

Did some drills.  Forward and backward.  Nothing noteworthy.

Went over:
Front punch
Low block
Middle block
Roundkick
Sidekick
Hook Kick
Front kick

"Learned":
Upset knifehand
Outerforearm block
Backleg varities of all four kicks
Jumping varities of all four kicks
Jumping backleg variety of all four kicks
First half on Chon Ji Hyung (First form)

Did some combinations work with partners. 

Pulled my right oblique kicking too high.

Personal Notes: Jump kicks are asinine.  Even when I was in TKD, I
didn't do them because I thought they were stupid.  Needless to
say, my standing form on these kicks are decent, but can't even land
decent jump kicks.  Might help my jump power/flexibility to get
it.  There is not a single fighter at this school.  No one
can keep their damn hands up.  Their cardio is awful.  There
is no power in their techniques.  I just gotta bite my tongue
though.  I keep fighting like a boxer though.  Wonder how
long they'll take before they crack down on me.

Got to rock the heavybag in class.  It was kinda funny.

Bulk goes well.  Arms are at 16" cold.  Maybe cut soon.


1 comment: