Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Training Log: Entry 135


Finally received whey protein through mail.  Cutting officiall begins.  No more using weight gainer as post lifting shake.


Experimentation with spin back/sidekick in bagwork is frustrating, but at the same time rewarding.  I used to rag on spinkicks, but this might be a nifty little tool to have in my arsenal.  Might attempt a few other things from TKD. 


First day of new lifting program had mixed results.  On straight legged deadlifts, I couldn't pick up the weight after adding 25%.  Two potential reasons:
1: The program wasn't designed with the idea of lifting near 400lbs on a lift (resulting in an addition of 100lbs when adding 25%)
2: The smith machine creates an inaccurate representation of weight placed on it through the use of pulleys


Either way, I'm going to be cautious on bench/squat days.  Might even get a spotter.  All other lifts went well.


Sparring tomorrow.  Should go well.

6 comments:

  1. How many pounds do you usually expect to shed when you cut? It'd also be interesting if you encorporated that spinkick in sparring tomorrow (or is it tkd sparring you're talking about?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, it's that sparring with the Kaju guy. I'm contemplating using the spinkick.Pounds sheaded is determined by weight gained. When I only gained 8lbs, I only took off 3. Now that I've gained around 20, I'm looking to take off 5-7.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotcha, hopefull I'll be needing that info soon...also, howcome you were waiting for your whey through the mail?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't really understand your question. I was waiting because the mail sucked.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, I was just wondering why you don't buy it at the store...is there some good deal online that I should know about?

    ReplyDelete
  6. bulknutrition.com is pretty good, but I don't have a car, so the store is a no go while I'm at college.

    ReplyDelete