Thursday, September 22, 2005

Training Log: Entry 133

Have attended 2 TKD sessions.  They are kinda garbled in my head.

Went over same old stuff.

"Learned":
Outer knifehand strike
Double knifehand block
Outer forearm block
Double forearm block
All of Chon Ji Hyung

Have started "sparring".  Sparring is "non-contact sparring",
which is a contridiction of terms.  Be that as it may, I'm still
schooling this group.  The thai leg shield block ruins their day
on all kicks, and they aren't used to exhanging hands.  However,
they get away with a lot of pansy crap due to non-contact, and I feel
myself hit with a barrage of flick kicks and limp wristed backfists
while they retreat.  I shrug it off, but apparently I'm
"losing".  Still, it's fun being a no belt and messing with the
higher ranks.  One of the brown belts has an attitude
problem.  I'm fixing it.

Have a sparring session with a 6'2 Kajukenbo fighter.  He's
rustier than the Titanic (his last sparring match was against me, 2
years ago), out of shape, and poor skillset, but damnit he at least
wants to hit hard.

Apparently there's another hidden MMAer on my campus.  Must find him.  Must have fight.

Sambo seminar 15 Oct 05.  Sparring too.  Joy.

1 comment:

  1. Haha. Reminds me of the martial arts club at my high school. The stories from that place...at least you'll get flexibility work out of it, right?

    ReplyDelete