Sunday, October 22, 2006

Training Log: Entry 301

Week off was very productive.  Shoulder stopped bugging me after about 2 days of rest (although as of now there is a little pain, but I feel that's more from lack of use than anything else).  Only really focused on grip work and boxing, no real major lifting.

Got some new grippers.  A CoC 1 and 2.  I could close a 1 straight out of the box, and about 1-2 mm shy of closing a 2.  Gotta owe it to my training with the Trainer.  The timed holds and building up have been an asset.  Can't wait to get that 2 closed.

Did a little running.  Ditched the MP3 player so that I'd run at a faster pace.  Killed myself early in the runs on hills, not really smart, but really only doing this to pass my PFT.  I'm a fighter, not a runner.

Downcycled off of creatine.  Going back on tomorrow with a 5 or so day loading phase.  Also going to follow a new routine, much simpler and more general than the previous routine.

Following an ABAB format on a TRS split (normally MWF, but works out better this way)

Workout A:
Squat/Bench/Weighted Chins or Pull-ups

Workout B:
Deadlift/Overhead Press/Weighted dips

Following the 5X5 rule on this work.  Test it out for 6-8 weeks and see where I get.  Throw in some work with the grippers.

2 comments:

  1. I've never followed a structure like that. It'll be interesting to see how it compares.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad we were able to hang out over the weekend,its too easy for me to get caught up with everything else i dedicate time too. Hopefully i'll get to see you again over winter break if not thanksgiving. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete