Monday, October 2, 2006

Training Log: Entry 295

ME upperbody day

ME upper lift: Rack lockouts with low pin setting
Triples of bar, 135, 225, 295
1x315
1x325
1x335
0x345

Note: Lower pin setting meant less weight than before, but felt really strong in the rack.  Maybe 1 more week.

Close grip bench of 185
10,9,7,7

Note: More and more reps each time.  Can't wait till it's all 10s

Straight bar pushdown
8x165
9x145
7x145
8x135

Note: That's it, no more ego.  Gonna set it to either 145 or 135 and go for all 10s.  This is stupid.

Side raises of 20
12,12,10

Note: Liking the form much better than 25s.  Try for 11 or 12 next time.

Pull-ups
8,5,3,3,3,3

Note: Not quite enough sets, but was running short on time due to a leach in the gym who kept bugging me between sets.

Hammer curls of 20
10, 10, 8

Note: Went to failure on the second set.  Too much ego, not enough power.

1 comment:

  1. Seems like ego is the focus of todays workout, although ego probably pushes people to surpass their own limits, I know from personal experience how it can get in the way. I know when I play tennis or Fence or whatever, if i start pushing myself to do more or work harder then i have to, it may push me to play harder, but i might hurt myself doing so. I know i've passed on doing essential stretches for fencing before because i felt like i could just go straight into it and work my way up that way. When this happens at fencing, i often pull something. If i do this at the gym, i end up so sore and tired the next day that it deters me from going to the gym for the next few days (these are my limited experiences at the gym.) I guess i don't have the patience sometimes to build up slowly, I want fast results and killing myself doing heavier settings then i should be doing for example does not help as it looks like your doing.

    ReplyDelete