Sunday, October 29, 2006

Training Log: Entry 303

Behind again.  Two workouts under my belt.

Thursday:
Deadlifts, 5X5 of 265

Note: Was feeling sick.  Gym was packed, way overheated on a heavy lift.  Still, completed without trouble.  More weight.

Overhead press of 135
5,4,4,4,2

Note: Love this lift

Dips of 55
5,5,5,4,3

Note: Always a favorite.  Try not to lean foward so much.

 

Sunday
ATG squats of 235, 5X5
Note: Love going this deep.  More weight.

Bench of 225, 5X5
Note: Embarassing how close to my squat my bench is, but most likely just motor skills.

Pull-ups
5,5,5,3,2

Note: Feeling it in my lats.


Gripperwork on both days isn't going too great.  Right hand stronger than left, completing about 3 sets of 5 on both and from there falls apart.  Use some negatives.

Happy Birthday to myself.  21. 

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your Birthday JR, sorry i didn't give you a call, had a very busy weekend and am going to have a very busy week. Guess that means you can legally drink now huh? I know your not much of a drinker like myself, but its still nice having that right even if you choose to not do so. Hope you had a great birthday, who'd have thought you'd live this long :P. Anyways, keep up the good work with your workouts, I hope this year is filled with even more successes for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday man. Why so low on deadlifts?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Took about 12 days off because of break and stuff, so just got back into them.  Also never pulled deadlifts for sets of 5, so didn't know what weight would be appropriate.

    ReplyDelete