Monday, October 30, 2006

Training Log: Entry 304

Sparred a Wing Chun guy today.  Light contact stuff.

He was mostly defensive.  Fired these weird ass punches that didn't actually connect.  Just kind of a flurry of forearm strikes.  I got cliped in the mouth once, but in general nothing much.  Found out that I'm actually moving around and staying mobile while sparring rather than standing like a statue like I used to.  Very happy about that.  Head movement is getting better too...except no strikes to test it against.  Did something I had never done before, when my hands left my face because I was being a spaz, I actually pulled them back in time to block.  Was very happy about that.  No chance to check kicks because he threw at my arms.  Used a couple of roundhouses, but nothing much.  He was good at keeping straight shots from coming in, but beyond that not much.  He tried to armbar me out of nowhere, so I put him in a thai clinch, and it was over from there.  Apparently he's never been in that before, and I just threw him around and kneed him at will.  Makes me think I need to improve on my clicnh because it'll be important in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment