Sunday, November 9, 2008

Training Log: Entry 633

RE upper

Bench press of 170+chains
20,8,6

Notes: Didn't want to try fo 22 with a new weight, this worked well.  The deload seems to be paying off, I'm feeling great.  Was touch and go, but I still killed the momentum before continuing.  No bouncing.  Practiced on pulling the bar apart and driving my traps into the bench.

CG bench of 185+chains
5,4,4

Notes: Board press just hasn't been working, might rotate it to my ME day next time I try to hit it.  Decided to keep the volume and sets low on my supplemental movements for a while to see what happens.

Band flyes with mini
4x15

Notes: Modified this movement to hit more of the shoulder than the pec, right at the delt-pec tie in.  Got the desired result, my shoulders were fried towards the end.  Chest had a minor pump, but prolly left over from the RE work.  Think this will really help my shoulder stability.

Pull-ups
17,7,6,5,6

Notes: Not sure if I did one more set on accident or not, but that's the jist of things.  Really building up on pull-ups, it helps to have a rep goal.

Face pulls w/light+superset with CG EZ bar curls of 65

12/10,12/10,12

Notes: Pausing on the face pulls to ensure good form and get a "squeeze".  Notice that biceps are coming along now.  The second day of work has really helped recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment