Saturday, November 15, 2008

Training Log: Entry 638

RE upper

Worth noting that triceps were still bombed from ME day.  Don't hold the end of a tricep extension next time.

Bench press of 185+chains
18,6,6

Notes: Fatigue in triceps played a role, but was still happy with the outcome.  Gonna stick with this for a while.  Contemplating doing 3 week cycles of different grips as an experiment.

CG bench press
225+chains
1x3
195+chains
3,4

Notes: Weight was too much on 225, wasn't pausing, just touch and go.  Scaled it back.  Triceps were dying out on the second half of the rep.

Band flyes w/mini
2x20,2x15

Notes: I think this is gonna be a great movement for my shoulder health, and a little bit of chest hypertrophy.  It's hitting just where I want on the pec delt tie in, which is where I tend to feel the most pain on the bench.  Trick is gonna be adjusting resistance.  Might need to grab a micro mini.

Pull-ups
20,10,7,7,6

Notes: Finally hit my goal of 50 total reps in a reasonable amount of sets.  I'm using rest pause as needed, and some of the reps are ugly, but I'm doing this more to get volume into my lats than to win a contest.  Deciding if I want to start adding weight now or using a different grip for my next workout.  Lats are getting nice and big.

Band face pulls w/average+CG EZ bar curl w/65lb superset
15/10,12/10/12

Notes: Really started hitting the rear delts here.  Think having my lats so fatigued made me use good form.  Curls were just to get the blood flowing. My biceps are starting to exist, so that's always good.

 

Worth noting that I've been cleaning up my diet a little the past few weeks.  More fruits and veggies.  Looking pretty as a result.

No comments:

Post a Comment