Monday, November 10, 2008

Training Log: Entry 635

ME lower

Good mornings suspended in the 12 pin.
Barx6
95x3
135x3
155x3
185x3
225x1
255x0
245x3

Notes: Took a page from the EFS book about a longer warm-up.  Hit the twinge in my back on the set of 255, but at least have some positive notes.  The twinge is much faster than before, and the pain that accompanies it is very fleeting.  This is in stark contrast to the first few times I encountered it, wherein the twinge itself would last for what felt like 1-2 full seconds and the pain would last for 3-7 days.  It now lasts for about 2 seconds, and I can finish my workout afterwards.  It's a funny kind of progress, but progress none the less.  I think in a few months, it'll be a memory.  For now, I'm gonna keep my GM work high on the reps, maybe try for 5-8, and use the same protocol for any sort of PC ME work.  Might need to get some 3/8 chains to get this to really work.

Trap bar lifts on an elevated platform on 25lb plates of 315
3x4

Notes: Cutting the sets and raising the elevation.  Might stick with this and start upping the weight.

SLDLs of 245
5x8

Notes: Focusing on pulling the bar to me, which I think was one of my weaknesses with the deadlift.

Band ab pulldowns w/average
3x30

Notes: Might need to break out the ab wheel soon.

Trap bar shrugs of 225
13,12,10

Notes: Pulled my left serratus anterior on the first set around rep 6 (no, I am not kidding).  Kinda killed my momentum.  I decided to give these a more serious go ever since I obliterated my traps with the DB shrugs on my break.

No comments:

Post a Comment