Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Training Log: Entry 639

ME lower

Safety squat bar box squats to parallel

Barx10
95x3
135x3
135+chainsx3
185+chainsx2
225+chainsx1
315+chainsx1
365+chainsx1
365+chainsx1
335+chainsx1

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWcyxpIek_A

I just realized the SSB weighs 60lbs, not 45, so add 15 to everything

Notes: Only time in my life I felt like I was gonna puke after squatting.  Doesn't help that I've discovered I'm sick, but still, this was intense.  If you were to ask me what muscles this movement works, I wouldn't be able to tell you  I just know that it really kicks your ass.  I actually found myself pushing the handles away at one point on the rise from the box.  I'm wondering if this is training me to push my elbows forward, or a way of cheating the movement.  I will need to research and experiment.

I took video, by I'm dogass tired from this cold.  Some other time.

Elevated trap bar lifts of 345
3,3,4

Notes: Elevation is helping this movement.

SLDLs of 255
10,10,15

Notes: Felt bad, so cut the sets down and increased the reps on the last set.  Really killer.

Band ab pulldowns w/average bad
3x40

Notes: A fast acceleration really hits th abs better.

No comments:

Post a Comment