Thursday, June 25, 2009

Training Log: Entry 750

ME upper

Weighted dips
BWx5
25x3
45x3
90x1
135x1
190x1 (5lb PR)
135x3
135x3

Notes: Intended to do pin presses today.  I was waiting at the rack for someone to finish upright rows with bench literally in my fucking hands when someone comes up to the guy and is like "Hey, are you done?" "Yeah, go ahead dude".  He immediately strips the weight and starts setting up.  I look with my jaw on the floor and say "What the fuck have I been waiting here for?"  Douchebag just ignored me.  Rather than throw a 45lb plate at his head, I used the anger to hit a PR on the dip, hence the fast warm-up.  I went up like a rocket out of the hole, and my heart was beating so hard in my chest from the psyche-up that I had to stop and cooldown.  I tried unsuccessfully for a second rep.  Stayed halfway from lockout for a few seconds and had to bail.

Strict press of 135
9,7,4

Notes: I die on the last set of these everytime.  I wonder if I need to either increase rest times, or just go balls out.  That being said, I stopped the first set a few shy of failure, whereas on the second I went pretty close, and the third sucked, so perhaps I should look into that.

DB rows of 105
15,15,15,11,8

Notes: Great lat activation on the right, not so hot on the left.  I noticed that on the right, I gripped the hell out of the bell and it gave me better lat work.  I should keep this up.  I'm going to increase the weight next time, as these high reps are killing me.

Tricep pushdown superset with face pulls

3 sets.

2 comments:

  1. I've had that kind of experience with the rack...the easiest way to get around it is to ALWAYS make sure that you ask the guy in there how long he's going to be/if you can use it after he's done/etc..Pisses me off when it happens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. See, my thing is, I get mad when people ask me how long I'm gonna be on the rack, so I was just being polite and giving him his space.My fault for giving humanity any credit.

    ReplyDelete