Thursday, August 6, 2009

Training Log: Entry 764

RE upper

DB press of 110
12,8,4,4

Notes: Woulda had 5 on the third set, but some idiot decided to do some bizzare form of toe touches literally inches away from my face from behind my head, and it fucked with my concentration.  I miss my home gym.

Dips w/45lbs
7,6,4
BWx6

Notes: This was a real eye opener.  Aside from the fact that I'm all fast twitch, this means for 1 that the 285 on board press I was doing was insane and it also means that RE work is just killing my heavy tricep training, which most likely explains my difficulty with lockout recently.  My work capacity is crap on my triceps.  I'm gonna do 2 things to fix this.  1: My RE work is either going to be CGBP or 2-board press.  2: I'm moving my heavy tricep training to my ME day and doing my heavy shoulder work on this day.  I'm hoping this will help improve my work capacity and make my triceps stronger.  However, I'll need to make sure not to neglect my chest and strength off the chest during this time.  I might have to re-include incline bench, or just throw in some pec dec work (laugh it up).

Cluster pull-ups(Wide, normal, nuetral, chin)
5,5,5,5
5,5,5,5
4,4,4,4

Lat pulldown
160x5
140x5
120x5
100x5
95x5

Notes: I think I'm done with the cluster work.  It'd prolly be more effective if I was lighter (or stronger).  It was a fun experiment, but I think I'll stick with the pulldowns for the sake of volume.

Band flyes w/mini
3x20

Notes: Rotated my hands in so that it mimics hand placement during benching.  Might have better carryover to shoulder stability.

Hammer curls of 35 superset w/light band pull-aparts
10/12, 8/10, 7/8

Notes: Dead here.  I need to get back on the creatine.

No comments:

Post a Comment