Friday, August 14, 2009

Training Log: Entry 766

ME upper

Floor press
Barx5
95x5
135x3
185x3
225x1
295x2
275x3
225x7

Notes: Dropped the weight on my face on the 275 going for a 4th rep. THe set-up on base is poor for floor presses, as the powerrack is elevated off the ground and we have octagonal plates, which means that if I fail, the bar will still crush me, as opposed to a decent set-up. I'm gonna phase this out for 2-board press in the rack.

Incline DB press w/50
10,8,6

Notes: Here's what I've noticed. When I was doing heavy incline pressing, my ME was improving greatly. When I switched to lighter overhead work, I've become weaker. Part of this may be because I've been running and eating less, but I think that I need to go back to the inclines. If I can't add reps, I'm gonna add sets instead. I'm not getting much out of this stuff, so I might just do front raises instead to work on hypertrophy and endurance.

DB rows of 120
15,10,8,6,5

Notes: Finally some progress. My back is the only thing that's going good on my upperbody work.

Tricep rope pushdowns superset w/facepulls
40x25/20
35x25/17
30x25/15




Ran 1.5 miles
12:47

19 second improvement. Did this after 1 hour of basetball, and while listening to music, so lots of factors playing against me. At this rate, I MIGHT have a crack at a sub-12 time for my PFT.

4 comments:

  1. dude 50 lbs on DB incline press??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, was a new movement and I was starting light to gauge what I wanted to do with the movement, but I think I'm just gonna drop it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. and 120 lbs on DB rows??...I wish my gym had dumbbells that heavy, still.Your cardio must be pretty good now. Ever think about returning to boxing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup, it's the one good thing about the gym.Even if I wanted to get back into boxing, there's no gym available for me to train it, so I'd have to wait about 4 years to do it.  That being said, I don't see myself getting back into martial arts anytime soon.  I don't really like hitting people in the face, and after 5 shoulder dislocations, it's prolly best for me to hang it up.

    ReplyDelete