Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Training Log: Entry 771

ME lower

Trap bar lifts of 515 off 1 risers
135x5
225x3
315x1
405x1
515x4 (New PR)
515x3
515x2

Notes: I'm going back to my old style of rounding the upperback and not pushing the hips out enough.  I'm hammering my upperback pretty good, but could stand some pulls off mats as a supplemental sometime in the future.

SSB box squats of 245
10,10,5

Notes: Using too much knee flexion as the set goes on.  This combined with running would be a bad combo, so I need to focus on punching the hips and spreading my knees out.

Light band pull throughs
17,15,15

Notes: Keep the legs straight, get the hamstrings in.

Average band pulldowns
2x35

Notes: Forearms are fried, couldn't do more.

 

1.5 mile run
12:15

18 second improvement.  Just 3 seconds shy of my goal.  A few more sessions and I'll be able to hit 12:12 in any condition.

2 comments:

  1. I was looking through some of your old posts and you've cut well over a minute off of your time. Inspirational for us cardio-slackers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks.  I'm still slow as hell, but I looked at my numbers last year and it's a 30ish second improvement so far.It doesn't take much to get better at running, which is why I don't put much into it when people give me shit over my run times.

    ReplyDelete