Monday, August 17, 2009

Training Log: Entry 768

RE upper

CGBP
185x15
185x5
185x5
135x8

Notes: Alright, I'm over complicating things here.  What is RE supposed to do?  Build muscle and get stronger.  Was that happening with the DB press?  Yes.  Was there any reason to stop?  No.

My tricep and shoulder endurance is weak.  Is that what I'm training for?  No.  I'm falling victim to a crossfit mentality, I need to remember my goals.  I'm throwing in too much differnet stuff, when things were working just fine.  My plan is to go back to DB press and throw my heavy shoulder/pec work in on this day, then throw my heavy tricep work on ME day. 

Incline press
225x3
185x5
185x4

Notes: My theory was true, I'm way more comfortable with heavy weight compared to light weight.  I just have more stability here.

Lat-work

Notes: I don't even know what to call what I did, but it sucked so it's not worth noting.  I'm just gonna go back to straight bar pulldowns.   Those worked.

Rope pulldowns superset w/facepulls
50x25/15
42.5x25/13
35x25/15

No comments:

Post a Comment