Sunday, January 30, 2011

Planning Entry

Back from my cruise.  No weight gain, remained at 186.6

Training on the cruise was based on equipment available.  Only real highlights include 70lb x 35 on DB row and leg pressing the stack for 20 reps.  Leg press also made my back feel like my quarterly injury, which is disconcerning.

Resumed training today only to confirm my suspicions: my CNS is fried.  I managed 420x3, which is still pretty awesome, but between my right quad being torqued and each rep feeling like a maximal effort attempt, I've had enough experience in this realm to know when to call it quits.  I learned a lot from my routine, and considering I not only hit an all time weight PR, but I did it with the safety squat bar and at the lightest bodyweight ever, I'm incredibly happy with my results.  I MAY have been able to make it to 435x5 without the 10 day break, making it a 100lb gain on my squats today, but given how difficult and ugly each week was getting, I would have been completely fried.  I'm the leanest and strongest I've ever been in my life, and I can be happy with that.

I'm going to start DoggCrapp my next workout, and will plan it out in my next post.  I have a PFT coming up in March, and so weight gain won't be my primary emphasis for the first 1.5 months.  I'll simply learn the movements and weights I need to use, and once I pass my PFT, I'll start a slow clean bulk.  My dietary strategy presently is to keep everything the same but changing my protein drink in the morning to a weight gain shake.  I'll monitor the results from there, and make changes as necessary.  I also plan to attempt some manner of carb cycling, using the weight gainer on my lifting days and a protein shake on my non-lifting days.  Will be adding running back into my program as well to pass my PFT.

No comments:

Post a Comment