Wednesday, July 6, 2005

Training Log: Entry 113

Need to eat better.  My cardio was awful during bleacher
runs.  Would have puked, but there were workers around, and I
didn't want to make them clean it up.

Seeing improvement in my bodyweight leg workout.  Was able to
complete 3 full supersets of hindu squats and bootstrappers. 
Normally can only do 2.

Taught my bro clinch, clinch straight knee, clinch up knee, clinch cup
knee, and free standing straight knee.  Gave him a good drill.

Did 5X3 rounds of boxing sparring with bro.  Trying to help him
with his "panic" response, get him to stop opening himself up, and have
him search for openings.  I'm also working on my defense.  Making more use of overhand right. 
I'm glad to have a regular sparring partner, just wish I could hit
harder.  Still, this will help shake the ring rust before the
throwdown.

Need to lift more.  Work makes me resort to more bodyweight stuff
than lifting.  If nothing else though, bodyweight will be better
for FT.

2 comments:

  1. I hope that you'll be able to clean up your diet a little more for your cardio, but I am glad to hear that your bodyweight work out is improving.  Even though it isn't the lifting that you are used to, it should have some more benefits for field training.  Glad to hear that things are going well with you and your bro.  It is really awesome that you are able to train together and that you are taking the time to help him out.  Keep up your hard work!!! You make me proud.  take care.  ~aloha~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh it's the opposite with me. I've been lifting a lot but have been neglecting bodyweight and endurance stuff. When's your throwdown?

    ReplyDelete