Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Training Log: Entry 118

Training experiment proves challenging and frustrating.  As I had
desired, my punching strength increased.  However, kicking had
become incredibly weak when combined with punches, mainly because my
heavybag is not set up well for this type of training (have side
supports on heavybag stand, roundhouse kicks at two close of a range
result in broken toes).  I also need to focus on keeping weight
light on front foot, so that I don't sacrafice mobility for punching
power.  Still, I want to go back to being a power puncher. 
This should be a welcome change.

Arms are extremely fatigued.  Combination of pull-ups and strenous day at work.

4 comments:

  1. Weight distribution should shift between front and back leg depending upon the situation. it`s like a Front/Rear 70/30 when i`m attacking, and reversed when i`m defending. Give or take. Special cases not with standing (whatever the shit that means.Me being the expert and all (i`m not).First thing i wrote upon waking up?"when i`m feeling kinda funny like a monkey sliding down a pole, i take all my treasures and throw then in a great big hole"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, the distribution needs to shift, but I'm attempting to overcompensate because I'm too used to posting on my front leg when boxing and it results in crappy punching when kickboxing/MMA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shut up, homo.Twist the hip, pull back with the other hand (unless you are already, in which case "see above.")

    ReplyDelete
  4. I realize that this 'training experiment' has been frustrating and difficult for you, but I know your determination and dedication will pull you through.  Perhaps you can strengthen your kicking once you get back to school as the heavy bag there will allow for kicks without toe breakage.  Nice to hear that your punches are getting more powerful.  Good luck with your goals of being  a power puncher, and I hope you can figure out the right weight distribution for you to do that.  I'm so proud of you!!! Keep up all the hard work.  I love you!  ~aloha~

    ReplyDelete