Saturday, July 9, 2005

Training Log: Entry 115

Went to the throwdown.  Got a chance to train with a professional
fighter and training today.  Incredible learning experience. 
Got to work on Rear Naked Choke and my grappling in general.  He
said I was in great shape after showing me a medicine ball drill that
he couldn't even complete.  He also made fun of me for being a
wrestler and muscling all my techniques.

Don't remember all my matches.  I remember actually succeeding at
grappling using some sorta headcrank from mount.  Managed to keep
positioning way better than before.  A million times better than
last time.  Working bodyshots from in guard with elbows.

My cardio died early on.  Almost puked.  Once I got my
groove, things went better.  My boxing skills are still
bad...don't hit hard.  Did a great job with leg kicks against a
guy my height, and got clinch and knee really good.  Learned how
to improve it.

Took some good shots, but still have a good jaw.  Head is spinning now, but at the time, just shrugged them off.

Got to break out 16oz.  Opponenet had way too much height. 
Was tricky.  Got hit in the groin a lot.  It eventually
caught up to me, and I had to quit because of fatigue.

Sparred the instructor of the joint.  Him and I have a lil
semi-rivalry.  I actually managed to sit-up in his armbar attempt
(did that a lot today...no idea how/when/where I learned how to do it)
and get in his guard and slam him a few times (lots of slams today
too...love them too much).  We stood up and called it good.

Had a rematch with the guy who tapped me out twice last time.  My
ground game is still awful, but I at least reversed on him a few times
and landed some good shots to his head (including a great knee).

All in all, I walked away happy.


2 comments:

  1. Wait until you and me fight, i`ll clean your clock.Then we`ll put on the gloves and GOGOGO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you've had a really good day!  I'm very happy to hear that the throwdown went well and that you got some good opportunties to spar.  It is really awesome to hear about that professional fighter.  You are really amazing!!! Keep up all your hard work; it sounds like it is really paying off.  I'm so proud of you!!! Take care.

    ReplyDelete