Saturday, July 2, 2005

Training Log: Enty 110

Ran bleachers for 8:30 today.  Could have gone for longer.  Will need to remember to push myself harder.

Training with my bro is getting better.  Him and I come from
similar martial backgrounds, so he has all the same bad habbits I
did.  I'm able to give him a ton of tips.  We sparred for 4
three minute rounds.  His cardio may suck, but at least he goes
all out.

I'm trying to correct him, while at the same time work on my defense.  So far, my slipping is getting better.

Working my bodyshots more.  Landed a very good short hook to my
bro's ribcage/stomach when he overextended on a right cross.  I
didn't intend to hit hard, but all the momentum took the wind
away.  For once, I'm starting to use angles.  I think
straight boxing rules sparring is just the thing I need to work on
technique.  Just need to avoid bad habbits.

5 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that your and your bro are able to spar together.  It is good that you are taking the time to help him and correct the mistakes that you once encountered.  It will be good to have a partner.  Great job on the bleachers today!  You can do it; keep pushing yourself, your determination and dedication is truly admirable.  I know you can do anything you put your mind to.  Take care.  ~aloha~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww yes, it sounds like the old days, beating up your brother. Keep it up, it'll do you both good . Good that your working on your body shots, if i ever spar you again, maybe i'll get hit in the head less.

    ReplyDelete
  3.     Body shots are something I need to work on too. Gimme a heads up if you come across any stunningly useful tips/pointers as far as that business goes.    Working with your brother sounds like it should be great for both of you. Why does he want to train? Just to be able to fight better, to compete, for the hell of it, etc.? Sounds like you got a good thing goin for ya right now, hope neither of you really hurt eachother (read: I hope you don't break his ribs) too bad, because that could turn kinda ugly.
    Your cardio sounds like it's the shit. I keep wanting to start running, but then find such great ways to avoid it, like posting here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My bro just wants to get in shape, and this is a fun way to go about it. He's not a competing type.As for bodyshots, as always I suggest getting "Savage Strikes" by Mark Hatmaker, but the most important thing to remember is to lower your body with the shot so that you punch straight instead of at an angle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool how you got a sparring partner. I have to check that book out, heard nothing but good things about it

    ReplyDelete