Monday, July 18, 2005

Training Log: Entry 121

Pulled a muscle around my shin today jogging.  Cut my run short.  Must remember to stretch properly.

Calfs are looking small.  New program will fix that.

Maxed out on chin-ups the other day post back workout.  Managed 20.  Old number was 12-15.  Laddering works.

Sparred my bro for a hard 6 rounds.  Need to remember that he
needs to learn.  He's hitting hard enough now that I find myself
trying to "win" rather than teach.  Still, showed him some holes
in his guard, and got him to counter punch.

Trying out a new boxing stance.  Seems to work pretty well. 
Instead of "peek a boo", I fight from a more traditional stance with my
lead hand forward.  I'm starting to think I can sacrafice some
defense for offensive speed.

Found out my scale has  been off for the past month or so.  I'm not 183, I'm 187.5 with pants.

Push up workout was a little screwy tonight.  Did them shortly
after sparring.  Gassed out early on, so made up for it in later
sets

Set 1: 100
Set 2: 70
Set 3: 50
Set 4: 40
Set 5: 30
Set 6: 25+10 knee

Total Push-ups:  315+10 knee

Came to the realization while resting for my last set that I could push
beyond failure by dropping to knee push-ups after failing at
traditional push-ups.  Must remember to utilize this in the future.

7 comments:

  1. They aren`t called "knee pushups" sir, they are called "girl pushups."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man. If i was serious 100% of the time (rather than never being serious) i`d be the worst person ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!  It sounds like you have had a busy work out day.  I'm sorry to hear about your pulled muscle;  don't push yourself too hard to further the injury.  Glad to hear that you and your bro can do more sparring together and that you get to try out a new stance.  Yaay for your pushups and learning new things about how to do more even if you have to drop to knee push ups.  It is good to know that the scale was wrong.  That should make bulky after field training less severe.  Keep up all your hard work.  I'm so proud of you!  I love you!  ~aloha!~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice chin-ups. Good luck with the new routine. I was looking at that same article in M&F.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 20 chin-ups is pretty impressive. Ever considering using added weight?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Also, I went to a preppy sports store......
    They had an awesome pair of Combat Gloves there for $50 CDN. Low and behold, the box was empty, as were my hopes and dreams of obtaining them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't add weight because I don't usually max. I do a laddering program for chins/pull ups. On my 3rd set, I'm pulling like 3 laddering. Also, I'm training specifically for muscular endurance there.Also, why not shop for gloves online?

    ReplyDelete