Thursday, May 11, 2006

Training log: Entry 230


Back to back training BJJ and Muay Thai.


BJJ class:


Summary of class
Warm-up
Drill new techniques
Rolling

Warm-up:
Basic PT.  My shrimping is smoother.
Single leg takedowns


New techniques
After he sprawls you, windshield the legs and pull guard with one leg on his hip to keep at a safe distance.  For some reason, came way natural to me.


From under sprawl, wrestling sit-out to rear control.  Was like I was home again. 


From on top of sprawl, when he sit-out, you use the momentum of his head to put him in mount.  Helps if he grabs far in on the leg.  Wish I knew this move back when I wrestled.


Rolling from the sprawl: didn't really throw too many subs, but still never tapped.  Subluxed my right shoulder again.  After that, my rolling went a lot lighter and less strength.


Got way out posistioned by a noobie.  Stupid tard strength. 


Made great use of the cradle as always. 


 


Muay Thai class


Summary of class:
Warm-up
Drills
PT


Drills:  Punches up top, inside leg kick, partner of defense eats kick and counters with leadleg roundhouse up high

Same as above, but with right kick counter

Sparring with the condition that the only kick that can be thrown at any time is inside leg kick, after that a high kick can be thrown as a counter


Coaches notes to me:
Need to stop backing up when being hit.  Need to stand my ground (kinda funny if you think about it.  I went from being too much of a tank to too much of a twinkle toes)


Need to stop leaning back when I throw that leadleg kick.


Personal notes: After these corrections, I was a leadleg kicking machine in sparring.  Also found I did a good job of skeet shooting (blocking punches with elbows while hands are pressed against face).


PT:


100 alternating push-kicks holding 10lb DB in each hand keeping hands up.


Ankles locked together for crunches
Hold half way crunches, go down 1 inch, go down 1 inch hold for 30 seconds X 2


Finally done


Current status: TARFU (Things are really F-ed up) but not FUBAR.  Will be resting shoulder for 3 days and treating mat burns and bruised legs.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment