Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Training Log: Entry 580

Squats of 335
3x5

Notes: Amazingly, still felt my lower back engaging on the squats, even with the belt.  Gonna stick with this for a while and see if my core development suffers from using the belt.  First squat of the second and third set were a little higher than the others, but was still at least parallel.

Bench press of 295
5,3,3

Notes: Elbows were feeling painful during the warm-up, so I upped the weight to keep the reps low.  A little touch and go on the last set, but that'll fix itself.

Pull-ups w/45lbs
3x5

Notes: Gonna learn my lesson from pull-ups, and apply light gradual increases to my other lifts to keep momentum going.

Band pull downs w/light band
2x25

Notes: Been feeling a little elbow pain, so I decided to throw these in.

Band pull aparts w/light+mini
12,10

Notes: The mini band really adds resistance.  Thinking of picking up a micromini sometime.

Cable pull throughs of 57.5
2x10

Notes: No idea how much weight 57.5 was supposed to be, but it was decent resistance to help gradually rehab my back and keep my PC strong.  Gonna try alternating between this, RDLs and Good Mornings.

Lots of assistance work today, because I split my workout in 2. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment