Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Training Log: Entry 585

Front squats of 265
5,5,4

Notes: Lost my balance on the last rep.  Not really an issue of strength, so I don't think I need to hold back on it.  Rest times were cut short anyway because I was working in with an 1/8 squatter.  Get me away from these mutants.

Weighted dips w/90lbs
3x5

Notes: Need to keep the weights from swaying next time.  Cinch them higher maybe?  Felt a little strain on the right elbow on the final rep of the last set.

DB rows of 140
3x5

Notes: Right arm is noticably stronger than the left.  Might keep the weight for a while to nail the form, or maybe throw in some body english and make them Kroc Rows.

 

Ab pull downs w/57.5
2x10

Notes: Cables suck compared to bands.

Barbell shrugs of 315
2x10

Notes: Didn't have chalk or straps, and grip was already fried from DB rows and dips and such, so this was pretty stupid.  Jump shrugged the last 5 reps of the final set.  Figured it'd be nice to feel heavy weight in my hands again after the time off from deadlifts.

3 comments:

  1. do you squeeze the weights with your knees to keep them steady while you do this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed at "mutants". I'm glad that your back is better. You're also lucky that they actually have dumbbells that go that heavy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I do my best to squeeze the plates to keep them from swaying.  I'm just using the ironmind dip belt, so there's a lot of room for the weights to hang.
    The back is doing pretty good, aside from the occasional twinge.  There's still a dull pain, but hopefully it'll go away.  And yeah, I was amazed we had DBs up to 150.

    ReplyDelete