Monday, May 19, 2008

Training Log: Entry 582

Squats of 345
3x5

Notes: Power cage was in use by imbeciles, so I made do with the squat rack.  Depth was actually lower because the pins were set lower, and I really took a pounding on my hips.  Didn't have any issues otherwise.  Belt is a real asset.

Pull-ups w/50lbs
3x5

Notes: Very last rep was questionable, but I'm gonna keep pressing.

Bench of 295
3,2

Notes: Just like my overhead press, my bench was burning out today.  I blame my ego for making me increasing my lifts too much, and my diet for not being enough (down to a trim 205 on one of my infamous unplanned cuts) and a lot of unaccounted for GPP this past week (helped someone move apartments, been walking a lot, mowed the lawn for 2 hours, etc).  Gonna call this a deload, and then drop the weight 5lbs and keep going.  Once I hit 310 or so, I'm gonna switch to 2 board press and see what that gets me. The lack of full range might be good for my aching elbows.

 

Ab pull downs of 50 (whatever that means)
2x10
Neck harness work with 35lbs

2 comments:

  1. whoa, those are some sick pull up numbers. If you do pull ups on the large 2-sided cable station, you might even overload that, too. Load limit is like 315 lbs at my gym.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm using an assisted pull-up/dip station, as it's the only thing short enough for me to grab with the weight around my waist.  I've really found micoloading ala Stuart McRobert to be helpful here.

    ReplyDelete