Friday, May 16, 2008

Training Log: Entry 581

Front squats of 255
3x5

Notes: Have an issue with the bar rolling down on the last few reps.  I actually got stuck at the bottom of rep 3 on set 2, alomst fell over backwards.  Had to stop, get my balance, and go back up.  Good to know it's not just the stretch reflex that's lifting me.  Did sets 1 and 3 without a belt, set 2 with.  The belt just makes things worse, not gonna use it on front squats.

Overhead presses of 180
4,2

Notes: Time to get off these things.  I stopped to calculate that I've been doing overhead presses non-stop for about 3 months, so it's time for some variety.  Gonna switch to weighted dips.  Gonna call this a deload.

DB rows of 135
3x5

Notes: Had a little difficulty getting the lats to engage, mainly because my hands were exhausted from grip training.  Might need chalk or straps.

 

Hise shrugs of 355 superset with band pull aparts w/light+mini
15/12, 15/11

Notes: Got good rom on the Hise Shrugs.

1 comment:

  1. Hopefully you don't overload/break the dip station with the kind of weight you do!

    ReplyDelete