Monday, August 25, 2008

Training Log: Entry 608

Squats of 385+chains
4x3

Notes: To avoid straining too hard and potentially re-injuring myself, I stuck with singles, terminating the set once things began to get a little too tough.  Increased the sets to fairly equalize the training volume, though realistically I shoulda gone for 5x3 if that was the goal.  In either case, back had no pain during squats, so that's a victory.  Focusing on spreading the floor and recruiting my glutes, which I feel are the weak link at the moment.  When I switch back to Westside, I'll be focusing on improving my glute strength, and most likely on some tendon/ligament issues.

Close grip bench press of 225+chains
3x5

Notes: Decided ultimately to go with the CG bench rather than board press, simply for the full range of motion.  Had a very long pause on every rep, still wanna train that into my bench.

Wide grip pull-ups w/30lbs
3x5

Notes: Hit this really easy.  Think the week or so off has been good for my recovery, even with running thrown in.  Might be doing more frequent vertical pulling to keep my back healthy and avoid being in a prone position, unless I saddle up with the DB rows again.  When I get back on Westside, I'll be hitting the horizontal rows again, mainly because I feel the lower weight and higher reps will be safer. 

 

Circuit of
Hise shrugs of 335
25,20
Ab pulldowns w/light+mini
2x30
Throat pulls w/light
2x12

No comments:

Post a Comment